This morning I had the fortune to admire from the beach of Lido di Dante (Ravenna, Italy) a spectacular sunrise with the huge AR1520 sunspot rising on an omega shaped Sun over the sea!
- Photo #1: Canon Eos 5d MkII; Exp: 1/30 sec.; F/29; ISO: 100
- Photo #1: Canon Eos 5d MkII; Exp: 1/30 sec.; F/10; ISO: 100
At sunrise of 6 June 2012 Venus passed on the disk of the Sun for the last time in this century: you can find my images and a report of this incredible event HERE!
All’alba del 6 giugno 2012 Venere è transitata sul disco del Sole per l’ultima volta in questo secolo: potete trovare le mie immagini e un report di questo straordinario evento QUI!
My image of the sunspot AR 1476 rising alogside the Basilica of Superga (taken on May 10th) received a great media coverage being viewed by thousands of people around the web — a list of main webisites where it has been featured in the recent couple of weeks is provided below (click on the link to go to the relevant page):
Thanks for looking and best wishes for a great view of the Transit of Venus! Here are some useful resources to plan and follow the event:
Canon Eos 5D Mark II; Focal lenght:700mm; Exp: 1/8000 and 1/125 sec; F/40; ISO:50
Questa mattina la visione della gigantesca macchia solare AR 1476 è stata veramente impressionante mentre il Sole sorgeva accanto alla Basilica di Superga – Ripresa effettuata dal Monte dei Cappuccini.
Enjoy my new video showing images I took in Turin and its surroundings ;-)
Clicking the links below you will find more info on some of the images included:
- Full Moon and the Sacra of San Michele
- Crescent Moon and Venus over Monviso
- A contact with the Old Moon
- Not a Blue Moon
- Venus-Jupiter over St. John Bosco Basilica
- Moon, Venus and Jupiter over the Avigliana Castle
- Full Snow Moon rising
- The Harvest Moon meets the Basilica
- House Moon
- Moon rising alongside the Basilica