2012 – A YEAR OF ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY IN SUMMARY
To kick off the New Year, I’d like to summarise my past “365 astrophotography days”:
2011 has been the third full year for my blog and I had very good time in sharing my images, thoughts and ideas with people around the world. Here are some stats:
- Visits: the blog was viewed about 77,000 times in 2012 with some 180,000 views since its start;
- In 2012 there were 213 pictures uploaded — That’s about 4 pictures per week.
- The busiest day of the year was May 6 , with 1,921 views!
- The top referring sites in 2012 were: facebook.com, earthsky.org, apod.nasa.gov, twitter.com, espanol.earthsky.org
- How to follow the blog – you can subscribe to the site and receive new posts via email by clicking the “follow!” button at the end of the front page.
This year has been very productive and I really enjoyed taking picures of terrestrial and sky wonders. Below are the hilights of my year of astrophotography:
- “Astronomy Picture of the Day” on the NASA web site for my image ”Hunter’s Moon over the Alps”.
- “Moon setting behind the Alps and the Sacra of San Michele” image featured in the Astronomy Photograher of the Year Book.
- “Sunspot sunrise” published on CNN Mexico web site.
- I got two of my images included on the special issues “100 Greatest Pictures of the Universe” of the Astronomy magazine.
- I got imagse of the perseids meteor shower broadcasted on CBS.
- I had the fortune to witness and photograph the last TRANSIT OF VENUS of the century
- My image “Omega sunrise with sunspots” was featured as OPOD.
- Several publications on other national and international magazines and websites.
I got the occasion to thank all those that supported me during this year and give you my best wishes for a stellar 2013 !!